1. Illegal use: Our services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. We reserve the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
2. Harm to minors: Use of our service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
3. Threats: Use of our service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
4. Harassment: Use of our service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
5. Fraudulent activity: Use of our service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "phishing schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
6. Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
7. Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of our service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
Anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
8. E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
9. E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through our service is in violation of this AUP.
10. Usenet SPAMing: We have a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
11. Unauthorized access: Use of our service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of ours or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending account is subject to immediate termination.
12. Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
13. Collection of personal data: Use of the service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
14. Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use our Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DDOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account termination. We will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
15. Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
16. Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
17. Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
18. Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using our services could result in suspension of service.
19. Third Party Accountability: Our subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
20. IRC networks: It is absolutely forbidden to host an IRC server that is part of or connected to another IRC network or server. Servers found to be connecting to or part of these networks in any way will be immediately removed from our network without notice. The account and/or server will not be reconnected to the network until such time that you agree to completely remove any and all traces of the IRC account/server, and agree to let us have access to your server to confirm that the content has been completely removed. Any server guilty of a second violation will result in immediate account termination.
21. Resellers : Resellers are responsible for enforcing the AUP and TOS to all of their clients. If their clients are found to be not following them, we will suspend the offending site and let the reseller know. If the reseller domain is found to be in violation, all domains within the resellers possession will be suspended. Resellers are responsible for anything their clients do. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to what is allowed and not allowed please contact us.
22. Streaming Video and Audio: Streaming Video and Audio is not permitted on our servers unless approval is received. You must zip the content to prevent this if you wish to have it hosted, and as everything else this content must be legal content and can not have someone else's copyright.
23. Egg Drop - Egg Drop Scripts are Not allowed, These are grounds for immediate account deletion without a refund.
24. Legal - If it is not legal in the United States of America, It is not permitted to reside on our server. If found, the account will be suspended.
25. Adult Material - Adult Material is not allowed, unless specified in your package you have purchased. Sites that contain adult material that is not on an adult approved server/package, will be suspended.
26. Chinese Forums - Chinese Forums are not allowed on our network. These sites require to much CPU usage. They almost require a dedicated server to run properly. If they are found on any server we will suspend them, and charge an admin fee if they are the cause of a CPU overloaded. Admin charges are usually about $25 Per Hour.
27. ANIME - Anime Sites are not allowed on our network. If an Anime Site is found we will terminate the account. These sites are not allowed on the server because about 95% of them are illegal.
28. .EXE FILES - .exe files of any kind are not permitted on our servers via shared and reseller accounts. This restriction is due to the fact that these files often harm the server in various ways depending upon the file. If you need to upload a .EXE file please use WINZIP or and WINRAR to insert your .EXE file.
29. Advance Fee Fraud -
Spam to solicit an advance fee in return for monetary gain.
30. Cracking -
Brute Force Access of Secured Network Devices.
31. Child Porn Email -
Sending email containing or linking to Pornography Involving a Person Under Legal Age. ( See Title 18 USC Chapter 110 SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND OTHER ABUSE OF CHILDREN § 2256 Definitions and § 2257 Record keeping requirements http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C110.txt )
32. Child Porn Site -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking from a site to Pornography Involving a Person Under Legal Age. ( See Title 18 USC Chapter 110 SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND OTHER ABUSE OF CHILDREN § 2256 Definitions and § 2257 Record keeping requirements http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C110.txt )
33. Copyright -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Copyright Infringed Materials. ( See http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html )
34. CPU Overload -
Account using to much CPU resources, causing whole server to "lagg" or slow down.
35. DoS -
Denial of Service Attack of Network Devices.
36. Embargo -
Hosting or Linking to a Site Prohibited by Embargo. ( See http://eastsolid.com/index.php/legal/embargo )
37. Forgery -
Faking an IP Address, Hostname, E-Mail Address, or Header.
38. Fraud Site -
Hosting or Linking to a Website Intended to Deceive the Public.
39. Hacking -
Circumventing Security Systems of Network Devices.
40. HYIP Site -
Hosting or Linking to a Website of High Yield Investment Program, Ponzi Scheme, or Pyramid Scheme.
41. ID Theft -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Stolen Account Identification Information.
42. Infection -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Exploits, Trojans, Viruses, or Worms.
43. Invalid Hostname -
A vain, obscene, or malicious host or domain name.
44. IRC Malicious -
Malicious Use of Internet Relay Chat.
45. IRC Unregistered -
Internet Relay Chat Server (IRC) NOT registered and approved by EastSolid - SolidNetwork, Inc.
46. Leechers -
Proxy bases scripts downloading files from 3rd party to server.
47. Open Proxy -
Hosting an Open Proxy or and Anonymizers Scripts/Software of Any Type. Proxy is also NOT registered and approved by EastSolid - SolidNetwork, Inc.
49. Open Relay -
Hosting an Open Relay of Any Type.
50. Pharmaceuticals -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Pharmaceutical/Drug Sites.
51. Phishing -
Identity Theft by Email Under False Pretense.
52. Proxy Hijack -
Use of a Third Party Proxy Vulnerability or Trojan.
53. ROKSO -
ROKSO Blacklisting at www.spamhaus.org of an IP. ( See http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/index.lasso )
54. Scanning -
Probing for Vulnerabilities of Network Devices.
55. Shells -
Hosting Accounts PRIMARILY for Shell Access.
56. SORBS -
SORBS Blacklisting at www.sorbs.net of an IP.
57. Spam Cannon -
Sending High Volume Spam (UBE).
58. Spam Email -
Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE).
59. Spam List -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Email Address Lists for Spam.
60. Spam News -
Posting the same message repeatedly in any newsgroup or to multiple newsgroups or posting an off-topic message to a newsgroup.
61. Spam Site -
Hosting a Site Advertised by Spam Email or Spam Web.
62. Spam Ware -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Software Designed for Spamming.
63. Spam Web -
Unsolicited, Bulk, or Forged Site Advertisement in Web Logs, Forums, or Guest books.
64. Spamhaus Medium -
Spamhaus Blacklisting at www.spamhaus.org of an IP.
65. Terrorist Site High -
Hosting or Linking to a Site Advocating Terrorism. ( See http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/programs/terror/terror.pdf )
67. Tools -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Cracking, DoS, Forgery, Infection, or Scanning Software or Instruction.
68. Trademark -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Trade Mark Infringed Materials.
69. Upstream AUP Critical -
Violation of AUP of the Upstream Provider for EastSolid - SolidNetwork, Inc.
70. Wares Low -
Hosting, Distributing, or Linking to Cracks, Hacks, Key Generators, Serials, or Pirated Software.
71. Web Spider Medium -
Use of a Web Spider, Crawler, or Bot for Unauthorized Connection to 3rd Party Web Servers.